- Published: Monday, 02 April 2012 17:22
The NanoXCT consortium has been setup in order to bring together the expertise of 2 universities, 2 research institutes, 4 technology providers and 2 industrial end users. To date, there is neither a group in Europe, which is able to carry out the project on its own, nor is a project partner able to carry out any single work package on its own. For each work package and task of the NanoXCT project, selected domain specialists are driving research to cutting edge results.
- SME technology provider for CT device (RayScan)
- SME technology provider for X-ray source (Excillum)
- SME technology provider for software development (VSG)
- SME technology provider for X-ray fluorescence (XRD Tools)
- SME end-user for carbon nano tubes (Nanothinx)
LE end-user for nano electromechanical systems (STMicroelectronics)
The consortium is completed by 2 universities and 2 research partners having a broad knowledge in software + algorithm development and industrial CT (FH OÖ Forschungs & Entwicklungs GmbH), development of components and integration of industrial XCT devices (Fraunhofer Development center X-ray Technology EZRT), chemical and structural analysis of micro and nano sized specimens (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Mechanics - OLEM), as well as development of X-ray sources and its individual components (KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm).
- RTD university of applied sciences of industrial CT (FH OÖ Forschungs & Entwicklungs GmbH)
- RTD university for X-ray Physics (KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm)
- RTD development center for X-ray technology (Fraunhofer Development center X-ray Technology EZRT)
- RTD university for micro and nano characterization (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Mechanics - OLEM)